Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A Christmas Village



 I'm Back!

I note that my last post was dated 2017!  For goodness sake .... where have I been?

The answer - I have no idea!  Call it Covid-Brain.  

    So, lets start afresh shall we.

******************************************************************

For the six months starting 1st December 2020, I have scored a place on the design team for Faith Pocock Craft Studio.  She, and hubby, Dwayne create a multitude of gorgeous kit-set 3D projects from MDF.

Faith also carries a fabulous range of metal hardware and embellishments along with many other products.

Please do check out her store here.

*******************************************************************

My first project for December is:

A Christmas Village

Hmmmm ….. One of things is not like the other (yes, will be singing that Sesame Street ditty for several hours now, lol).

The middle house in my kit was not the correct one but a quick message to Faith rectified that. 

I couldn't wait to get started and I almost forgot to do the dry fitting stage.


 I simply love the bay windows, they remind me of my childhood home actually.

 Each of the houses are coloured using Tim Holtz Distress Stain.  Prior to gluing together, I stamped on the walls of each house, using 3 different stamps.  A brick pattern, a cobblestone pattern and a woodgrain pattern.

           

The Christmas Tree was coloured with Marvey Alcohol Markers.

 

 I decided that the tree looked a bit dull so I went over the two peices with a co-ordinating Wink of Stella sparkle brush.

I covered the base with green felt and popped on some fake grassy boulders, being sure to leave the slots clear for the coordinating house and tree tabs to fit into.

I then used some Spray Snow that I have had in my craft room for goodness knows how long.  It won’t last but that’s ok, I will come up with a Plan B at some stage.

 

This was a fun and easy project – have a go, you will love it.

Merry Christmas to You and Yours – Esther xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment