Saturday, August 22, 2009

Off The Page

My very good friend Anna found some fantastic containers (just shy of wine bottle size) and generously gave me two to play with.

This is my first one.

I painted the ends, and the parts where my 12x12 sheet of paper wouldn't cover. I cut the ends of my sheet to match the curves and use spray adhesive to secure it. I used some lovely tatted lace made by my Mum along the closure edge, white ribbon at the the outer edges and added a beautiful Prima vine (Lily) that Shell had given me to use on "something special". I painted the wooden knob with Distress Crackle Paint (Picket Fence).

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Butterfinger Boy

Liam is an avid fan of The Simpsons and talks about Butterfinger Bars from Nestle, from the series, often. I have a friend in Chicago who kindly sent just the right thing to a young boy with a small obsession! Thanks heaps Chuck, you rock!

Posted by Picasa

Saturday, August 1, 2009

New Stamps To Play With

This card was made with part of an energy-drink can as an embellishment. The lace was coloured with my home-made shimmer mist.

I just love this stamp!! I didn't realise, when I bought it on Trademe, that it was a single stamp rather than a set of many. I'm so pleased with the way this image comes out.
I used a dye ink over patterned paper and then covered the entire image with a Shellac solution to age it. I then coloured parts of crocheted doily's (good find Mum) with shimmer mist, added a long pin and some buttons and highlighted the butterfly with sepia dimensional product.

The stamp used here, and on the next couple of examples too, is another Trademe treasure!
I can't help but think that this image looks a lot like my Aunty Norma in her younger days. Again, I added coloured crochet work and a long pin. The top right corner of the patterned paper was inked over a Tim Holtz Mini Mask and the mask left in place while I stamped the main image with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.

The same stamp with a totally different look. This time I stamped on pre-printed paper with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and coloured the lace with shimmer spray. The pearls just top it off, I think.

Here, I made a tag using a technique I saw on You Tube. Image was stamped with White Stazon, onto white cardstock. Dye ink (in this case two colours of Distress Ink)was applied over the image then wiped with a paper towel to lift off any stray ink from the white stazon. Then I applied the black rub-ons and an inked Swirly Snail from Buzz & Bloom.