Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Letter “O” and Rust–TIO #173

Julie Ann has set the recipe for this challenge and while I has all sorts of ideas for the rust factor, I got somewhat stuck on the “O” factor.  I had a word floating around in my brain that refused to go away so I decided I simply had to work with it.


I knew I had a stamped Magnolia image that would be perfect (I don’t actually own stamp, I had stamped several that belong to Shell quite some time ago) but it took me forever to find it amongst my treasures.

I already had the textured tag ready so I hand drew the wall for the patient to sit on.  I used Rust Hinge and Wild Honey distress inks to colour the tag and Gelatos to colour the image.  I used Archival Sepia to stamp the dragonflies and the stars and Archival Black to stamp the text onto fabric.  A few droplets of water onto the inked tag and it was good to go.

A big thanks to the team at Dragons Dream Tag It On for placing my Party Dress tag in the Top 3 for the last challenge.  Still haven’t wiped the smile of my face!

Please pop on over there to see what the design team have done – they rock!

Esther  xx

Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Letter P with Cogs

It sounds like a strange combination for a tag challenge and yet, this is what Elizabeth would like to see over at Dragons Dream Tag It On.  As usual the design stars have produced some great tags.
I knew almost immediately what I wanted to do and here it is:
It’s pretty much as I expected it to turn out.  It’s such a shame that the camera doesn’t pick up the pretty shimmer in the dress and letters.  I used 3 different sprays from Lindy’s Stamp Gang over a stamped image of a steampunk dress from Aly’s Inky Fingers in the UK.  I added stamped and fussy cut layers along with some tiny watch parts that I wish I could remember where I bought (I really want some more now).  The letters were cut on the Cameo, the font is called Gearbox and they fit together perfectly.
Here is a closer look at those wee watch parts.
Why not play along with the team and produce a tag of your own – don’t forget, it must contain at least one stamped image.
 By the way ....  My last tag was named in the top three !!!  So excited !!!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Summer Garden

Hazel has set the current challenge at The Craftroom blog to create a project with the theme of a Summer Garden.  Ironically, it snowed briefly at my house the evening after I created this.

I had the chance to watch some online shows, live and recorded and they gave me the perfect inspiration to make this tag especially for this challenge.


The videos I watched were from Limor Webber and Prima Live.  I stamped my image first and then protected the face with masking fluid.  This dries to a rubber-type surface and then simply rubs off when you are ready.  Before I got to that part, I used texture paste through a stencil, various colour sprays, Gelatos, partial text stamping and fluid ink splatters.  I grabbed flowers from my stash (most are Prima, I think) and set to placing them around her face.  Once I rubbed off the masking fluid, I coloured her features with my distress markers.

It’s a reasonably heavy tag but I love the pretty colours that I have ended up with.

Esther  xx