Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I made a Lighthouse

I have wanted to get this cutting file kit for ages and with the current challenge at The Craftroom being Sun, Sand and Surf it was the perfect time to buy and get crafting.
I have used the Seaside kit from SVG Cuts and having the designer edition of the Silhouette software means that I am able to open the cutting files with no fluffing around.
This is the SVG Cuts version:
Pretty cool, huh??
So I got cutting and assembling and this is my version:
The lantern section lifts off so you can pop in a LED tealight.  I am super chuffed with it.  I didn’t like my original stripes.  I could find the “right” cardstock in my stash so I took them off and used some washi tape instead, following the guidelines on the main body of the structure. I also opted out of putting vellum behind the windows.
They have a YouTube video tutorial on how to put it together but, in fact, I didn’t even watch it.  It was easy enough to work it out.  I am looking forward to making some of the other pieces in the kit too.
Esther xx

PS:  Mari from Creative Card Crew has suggested that I enter this on her challenge site too.  Thank you so much Mari!!  Another fantastic challenge site to follow.  Yay!!!

Monday, June 2, 2014

The Letter R + Music

Those are the guidelines for the current challenge at Dragons Dream Tag It On.  As always, at least one “real” stamp must be used.

So many ideas flowed through my wee brain – until I got to this one!  I just couldn’t shake the song so I gave up fighting and went along with it instead.  It doesn’t help that my son has bit of a Michael Jackson thing going on right now, lol.


And yes ….  My Robin really does rock.


After stamping my bird and various section of music, I coloured my background using my new Gelatos.  Yummy fun, I can tell you.  (I have been watching untold You Tube video’s on their use so I just had to have my first really good play)

I stamped another bird image and coloured that with Gelatos too.  Then I made a spring from a light gauge beading wire and taped it to the back of the cut out image. I then made a wee hole in the tag and fed the spring through to a point where the Robin sat in the right place and taped it in place on the back. So … now he “rocks”.

The cardstock for the title was coloured with Gelatos too and then cut on my Cameo.  I stamped some coloured seam binding with the same music stamp and it was all done.

Thanks for taking a look – why not pop on over to take a look at the other examples – there are some real beauties, I promise.


Esther   xx