Saturday, March 27, 2010

Time to showcase some layouts

I have been posting my card and ATC challenges but not much else of late. Naughty me!

I have done some scrapbooking too and to prove it, here are a few of my recent layouts.

March 030 This one was for the Scrapbook Dreams March Layout Challenge – to use a minimum of four photos.

March 091This layout was my take on the Scrapbook Dreams Mid-Month Motivation for March.  The idea was to do a layout about colour whether it be our favourite combination, what colour means to us or a memory we might have triggered by colour.

It has taken lots of thoughts, ideas and poor attempts to complete this layout.  I knew I wanted to use all the colours of Distress Inks that I own but couldn't figure out the best way to do it.
I have always wanted to do a title in mixed font as well as this is not at all my usual style.
Overall, I am happy with it as a deviation from my usual.

March 090 This layout is for the current Scrapbox Sketch Challenge. I had the photo, taken in February and then saw the “Three little maids from school” stamp for sale with my favourite stamp seller on Trademe.  It all fell into place from there.

Andrea and Christine were friends prior to Form 3 but then I barged my way into their lives and over 30 years later we are still close friends and always get together when we are all in one place at any one time.  Pretty cool, huh!

And last, but not least:

March 049This layout was for the previous Challenge at Scrapbox.  To do a layout using Autumn colours.  Again – I have had this photo Taken in our garden) for some time, waiting for me to do something with it.  The paper flowers and leaves are handmade, using nesting shapes and a cutting file on the Silhouette, coloured with Distress inks and with centres made from flower shaped brads, folded upwards and a pretty bead glued in the middle of the created “cup”.  The border etc on the left was already printed on the 12 X 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment