Thursday, January 13, 2011

Now . . . Where was I ?

Oh, yes – Christmas Tags days 5 and 6

Day 5

 December 048

I printed the Santa on the tag, used peel-craft type stickers for the holly leaves (I went over gold with a black permanent marker) and used the Silhouette to cut the label shape and the numbers.

I managed to make the numbers look like enamelled metal by using an embossing stylus on the reverse, painting them with white and topping off with clear dimensional.

I added the clear dimensional to a paper flower which soaked right in and gave it an almost glass-like look.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with this one.

Day 6

December 051

I used the silhouette to sketch and cut the Season Greetings tag and coloured it with metallic gel pens, edging it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I also cut several “layers” of trees that I glued together in order to do the embossing on the left hand side (not that you can really see it.

The swirls were stamped in gold and the “splatters” in bronze paint.  The reindeer is a clear sticker on brown cardstock.  The wreath was made with white flowersoft that I coloured with re-inker and  topped with clear dimensional.

I don’t have Tim’s tissue tape so I made my own by stamping on white tissue paper and backing it with double sided tape.  Works for me! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment