There were several “events” in 2012 that immediately come to mind. In no particular order:
- My husband moved back home after 21 months apart
- My daughter graduated with a double degree
- My son started college and received a merit award for Japanese at Junior Prizegiving
- I took part in nearly every Dragons Dream Tag It On challenge (I think)
- My son developed seizures which we now have under control
- Members of my husbands extended family have passed away
- My daughter completed her first year of work as a Junior Geologist
- Our family cat sadly passed away too
- A good friend qualified as a Registered Nurse
- My best friend of all time celebrated a massive weight loss and fitness achievement (so damn proud of her!)
Interesting that most of these things happened for the other people in my life. What about me? Same old, same old. Nothing to report. My time and energy is taken up with work, caring for family, and doing things for other people. It’s not that I resent any of those things (very often) but on reflection, it still comes back to the eternal question, What about me?
I refuse to make New Years Resolutions. What difference does the date make anyway. In saying that though, the time has come when I need to bump myself up the priority list somewhat.
I have signed up for my very first online class with Big Picture Classes. I have chosen to take Cathy Zielske’s class “Move More, Eat Well”. To add to the challenge I intend to complete it digitally. Talk about jumping in boots and all! I am finding it a little frustrating that we are 17 hours ahead in time and as I type this Minnesota has not yet ticked over to 2013, while I am about to go and make dinner for the first time this year. This means that although I have completed 3 pages for the Pre-Class assignment, the 1st of the month info has still not arrived in my Inbox, lol.
I’m sick to death of trying to loose weight. I figure I will become 5 dress sizes smaller overnight in the same way I will grow 5 inches taller overnight – It just ain’t gonna happen Esther!!!
Happy New Year!