This tag challenge over at Dragons Dream Tag It On got me quite excited.
I was keen to try a technique that was quite popular some time ago but I had never got round to doing.
I glued down part of a foil bag from a coffee refill pack onto an existing tag and painted it with gesso. It took no time at all to dry which was pretty cool as I had what I wanted to achieve in my head and patience is not something I have in abundance, lol
I ran the tag through the cuttlebug and while it was still on the folder I took to it with a sanding tool (in all honesty, it was a pedicure tool). I thought it best to leave it in place so I didn’t flatten the raised areas.
I then stamped my image and words on white card, cut them out and popped them up on foam squares. I added extra layers in places to the image for some extra dimension although you cant really see that in the photo. I used the Pewter Distress Stain on some seam binding to finish it off. I’m going with a less is more approach with this one.
Cheers, Esther xoxo