Monday, September 26, 2011

Dragons Dream Tag It On # 97

This week AJ set the the theme at Dragons Dream and the Song chosen is Mother from Pink Floyd.

The challenge is to dedicated the tag to our Mother and to incorporate some embroidery.

DSC08935

I sprayed my tag with home-made mists using Mustard Seed and Walnut Ink Distress Inks. I stamped the border in Archival Sepia using my new MME Lost and Found Christmas Stamp Set.

I added a piece of hand tatted lace that was made by my Mum (she is just a bit clever!)

DSC08937

The embroidery pattern came from Silhouette and I added the file to my tag before I cut it out.

DSC08938

This was fun tag to make considering my first reaction to the challenge was – “OMG! What the heck I am I supposed to do for that!”  LOL

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I have to say you did really well - love the embroidery. Your reaction was the same as mine.... Thank you for dreaming with us this week at TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that border, the embroidery, and that fabulous tatting. I've never known anyone who could tat. Lots of us grew up doing embroidery, but tatting was a mystery to my family Beautiful tag, Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. Love the edging,the embroidery is fab and the image is just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a wonderful tag, your embroidery is fascinating. Thanks for dreaming with us on Tag It On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you've finally realised! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic piece of work! Love the embroidery and the hand tattering. Thanks for joining us this week on the TIO challenge,
    Wanda xx

    ReplyDelete