Thursday, September 8, 2011

Red, Red Wine

No! Drinking it is not what this post is about (I will save that for another day, lol)

The song to inspire this weeks tag at Dragons Dream Tag It On is an oldie but a goodie – Red, Red Wine by UB40.

The challenge was to use mostly red and, as usual, at least one real stamp.

Sept 2011 031

I coloured my tag with Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Barn Door, Fired Brick and a touch of Aged Mahogany.  My stamps are again from Craft Secrets.  I took to them with metallic gel pens and added a die cut phrase from my Silhouette Library, using silver pearlised cardstock.

I topped it off with the gorgeous corkscrew charm that I have had for a wee while.

It’s a bit “flat” for my liking but I couldn’t figure out how to add more texture/3-d/touchy-feely to it so I am hoping the gel pen does enough to give it some life.

Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. A super tag, Esther, I dont think its flat, the words are jumping out at you, which is great. You have some gorgeous stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tag, love the corksrew charm. Thanks for dreaming on Tag It On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ickle charm, so cleverly echoed in the stamped image... I love your tag and it's not really coming over flat, but is a great dream... however, you could always consider a rosette type thing or even a twist of ribbon or card like here on your blog decoration... just a suggestion, hope you don't mind...??
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fBulpis creation. And I don't it's flat at all as the sentiment just jumps out at you. Thanks for joining us this week at the TIO challenge.
    Wanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am loving the corkscrew stamp, great tag Esther thanks for sharing with us at the TIO. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers to you too - love this tag, it really IS fun!! Thanks for dreaming with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Great fun! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag,charm is fab,we should have fun Esther
    Janet

    ReplyDelete