Friday, June 1, 2012

Dragons Dream TIO – To Dye For

This fortnight’s recipe is to use Embossing, Spray Inks and Die Cuts – along with the use of at least one real stamp.

Hop on over to the Dragons Dream Tag It On blog to see what the design team have come up with,then,  make a tag and add your own link.

I had just bought some of the Tim Holtz embossing folders on sale at Warehouse Stationery ($10 for a twin pack) so the timing  was perfect!

Picture 280

I embossed a Ranger manila tag and ran the embossing ink pad over the top, then heat embossed with clear.  I sprayed with Adirondack Colour Wash in Plum and Sailboat Blue. I edged and added bit of contrast with Vintage Photo distress ink.  The die cut was done on the Silhouette and stamped with music before being sprayed with a dye ink from my stash.  I added a Tim Holtz type charm to finish it off.

And then . . .  I did another one. Just cause I could, lol.

Picture 281

This one was embossed with another of my new Tim Holtz folders and heat embossed with a powder called Seafoam White (I can’t be bothered to get up off my butt and find the brand name of it).  I sprayed the tag with a combo of Broken China and Worn Lipstick sprays that I made up for myself with re-inker and powdered eye shadow.  The Eiffel Tower (from Keri Bradford) was cut on the Silhouette, stamped with script and coloured with Vintage Photo.  The wee roses were made with powdered eye-shadow and a craft glue in my silicone mould. These ones are very soft and I like the way they picked up the colour on the edges and are much lighter in the middle.  The powder was the residue from playing with he moulds a few days ago (see my last two posts).

Thanks heaps for stopping by.

Cheers, Esther

3 comments:

  1. Wow Esther, these are gorgeous, I love the Timmy folders, I think they give a really deep impression. I am with you on making your own sprays and 'stuff' much more fun and I have hit the time when I just can't keep on buying everything I see (and want/NEED) lol. You have chosen the perfect die cuts for your. I tried to make your flowers with my hot gun, but I don't think it got hot enough, so I will try next with silicone (it's clear bath sealant so comes in a HUGE tube - will definitely keep me going)Thanks so much for the tips and for joining in the challenge this time at TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love them both they are gorgeou, and the roses are so pretty, thanks for sharing at TIO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous tags, both look great. Thanks for dreaming with us at TIO this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete