Friday, July 13, 2012

Dragons Dream TIO – Considering Steampunk

I do love steampunk, I’m just not so good at producing it.  I am happy with my outcomes overall but there is just something not quite steampunk-ish enough happening.
Oh, well …..
This fortnight’s recipe at Dragons Dream Tag It On is : “Fantasy, Inventions and Victoriana” and this is the tag I came up with.
100_0265
Far more Victoriana than anything else.  My stamped image of “Mrs Walker” is coloured with Aged Mahogany and Victorian Velvet (naturally) as is the hand-made flower. I used various other stamps from my collection, adding the wing to the dress form.  I used distress markers to colour this too.  I am enjoying having a play with the markers to work out the best ways to use them.  I added clear dimensional product to the gear stamps, wee bird and the crowns and popped an automotive fuse into the flower.
100_0264
Thanks so much for all your lovely comments on my past posts!!  Boy they give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
Happing crafting.
Esther

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the follow and the lovely comments. Your tag is beautiful, very elegant, love the victoriana lady (victoriana was something i struggled with) and that flower is stunning. I think it's great to be challenged isn't it?

    Look forward to seeing your next challenge entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous tag, Il ove the images you used and that flower is gorgeous. thanks for sharing at Dragons Dream tio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, thanks for dreaming with us at TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag...love those images... great flower!! Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... May x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tag, especially the Victorian lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a wonderful tag with great details. Thanks for dreaming with us at TIO this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Esther, your flower is amazing! Thank you for playing with us again at TIO x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Esther this is fabulous loving that main image and the flower x crafty hugs from your newest follower Annie x crafty hugs from Scotland :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag Esther, I love the bird and the flower is fab! Thanks for sharing with jus at Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Esther love Mrs Walker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous tag! Love how you have embraced the Steampunk theme! Thank you for dreaming with us x

    ReplyDelete