Roni has been running her very successful and super inspirational blog for 5 years!!
I have taken part in two charm swaps on the Ink Stains Blog and now I am taking part in my first ever blog hop.
Roni put out the challenge to alter an Altoids Mints Tin. We don’t get them here but the ever generous Roni sent me two! Bless her. I won one in a random draw, filled with goodies from her stash, and the other she sent as a container for my returned Christmas Charms from the swap.
I have altered my first one and have loads of ideas for the second one.
It started out like this:
Progressed to this:
and now looks like this:
I painted the tin with gesso and while it was wet I roughly placed down some printed tissue paper and let it dry. I then added a coat of iridescent medium for a wee bit of sparkle. I used 3 curly paper flowers and a resin piece (bunch of grapes) I had made and painted with nail polish. I wrapped some purple grosgrain ribbon around the tin and to cover the join I added the flower cluster on the front. This is another a resin piece that I made and I just added some colour to the leaves. I had some knob-whatsits hiding in my stash so I added those to the bottom for feet, and lined the tin with handmade paper I had in a drawer. It was the perfect colour so I was really pleased.
Thanks for stopping in on your journey through the links on the Ink Stains Blog or if you have stopped by as a regular peep.