This fortnight over at Dragon’s Dream Tag It On May has set the recipe...”Orange....Purple....Butterflies...”
The only rule is that you must use at least one real stamp.
I dithered about a bit – not really knowing where to start on this one. I just felt I wanted to do something other than blended distress inks. I mean, I use that technique all the time and while I am by no means “over it” I just felt like doing something else for a change.
So I grabbed my new pastels, scribbled my heart out and blended with a water brush. I had used two stamps from Stamp It, that I have had for about 4 years, on to the tag before I started.
I used the Martha Stewart mould to make the butterflies using orange for the bodies and purple for the wings. While one was still a bit soft, I pulled the wings up a bit for some extra dimension and really like the look of it.
I felt it needed something more so I added the zipper edge. It probably needs to be stitched really but to be honest I couldn’t be bothered hauling the machine out.
So, there you have it. Thanks for taking a look.