Saturday, December 3, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas

Like many other paper crafters I love following along with Tim Holtz as he produces his 12 Tags of Christmas.

I got myself organised early this year, cutting all my tags and making them into a book.  I made a cover and waited for Tim’s 1st post.  It shows up in my time zone about 9pm each day.

Nov 2011 086

I cut extra reinforcing tabs and added them to the left-hand side of my tags.  Not at all keen on the colour of the book rings!!!  That will have to change but they were all I had at the time.

Nov 2011 087

Day 1:

Nov 2011 094

The only things I have that Tim used are the inks so I improvised for everything else.  The “pine cones” are actually seed pods from my Liquid Amber tree.  I usually curse the thing because they are really prickly and hurt like the billy-oh if you stand on them with bare feet!!!

I created the Noel on my Silhouette from glitter cardstock and used cutting files from Penny Duncan Creations for the leaves and the flourish.

Day 2:

Nov 2011 096

I used some of the regular Kraft Resist as I don’t have the holiday ones and tore/inked some cardstock for along the bottom.  Once the brads were in place I dented them using an eyelet-setter. The reindeer was one of several that I had cut out while up in Rotorua visiting Shell after the Scrapbook Dreams retreat. Bless you for sharing you die with me Shell!!  A star brad and some green pipe cleaner finished him off nicely.

Roll on day 3, I say!!

Thanks for popping in to see what I have been up to.

Cheers, Esther

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE your day 1 tag, it's just gorgeous! keep having fun, can't wait to see what else you make for the tags :)

    ReplyDelete