Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Tags 9 & 10

I love the vibrancy of Tag 9 from Tim Holtz this year.  I had fun doing this one but did manage to get embossing powder simply everywhere!

My background stamp is from Stamp-It (I think) and I used a variety of Silhouette cut files that I “fiddled” with to create the candle and the greenery.  The letters are also cut on the Silhouette, from cardstock covered with vinyl.

All in all, I am really loving this one!

Picture 015

Tag 10 looked easy to re-create, and it was . . . . until it came to finding a substitute for the fragments! I had several attempts at fake ones but in the end I found two frames.  I chose to use the same image but in different sizes.

For the banner, I ran some double sided tape over a book page and inked it, popping the middle on foam tape.  Again, the letters were cut on the Silhouette (a bit too big, I admit).  How did I ever craft without this amazing machine?

Picture

Thanks for popping in to take a wee look-see.  I hope your weekend has gone well and you have managed to avoid the crowds at the malls.

Cheers, Esther

3 comments:

  1. Your tags look great Esther... great work on the Silhouette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two are my favourites. That music must be a bit difficult to play . . . no wonder it is in the scrap bin!

    ReplyDelete