Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Tags 7 & 8

Day 7: Yes!  This is much more like it!  I have struggled to get excited about the first 6 tags and it seems that Tim Holtz did too.  Day 7 is much more his style.

I don’t have the distress stains in the same colours that Tim used so I used re-inkers instead.  The tag came out a little darker than I would have liked but I think it still looks good. I stamped my crackle background stamp with Stazon Dove Grey that I find is an awesome colour for ghost stamping.

I was excited that I had the Craft Glassine!  Yay me!! I don’t have the die but with my Silhouette, who needs it.  I cut the leaves (from a Kerri Bradford kit) before colouring and crushing.  I found my last little bit of branch with crystals attached and decided it looked heaps nicer than the branches I had cut and “snowed”on. I used a tinsel pipe cleaner to make up the lace bow and added some red bead drops that I took off cheap and, quite frankly, nasty earrings from the $$ shop.

My sentiment is actually a Dingbat font that I sketched and then cut on the Silhouette.  I filled in the font with metallic gel pens and inked around the edge.

Picture 013

Day 8:  How cool was the Steampunk tag that Tim Holtz came up with? Very!

I love Steampunk but I am not so flash at putting it together from scratch so having Tim’s tag as a guide was awesome.

Again, the Silhouette came to the rescue for cutting out the clock and the cogs.  I can’t remember where I got the cogs from but the clock is a file from the very talented Penny Duncan.

I have the Steampunk stamp set from Crafty Secrets so it was perfect for this tag. I used the lightbulb and cog stamps from that set, heat embossing them with white.  I was chuffed that my Winter Edition distress inks arrived a week or so ago (thanks Art of Craft!) so I set to and coloured my tag – loving the combo!

My gentleman are part of an art stamp from Crafty Individuals that I bought on-line maybe a year ago.

Picture 012

I thinks this one just may be my new favourite one so far.

Thanks for stopping in to take a look.  If you are doing the tags too and live in NZ, check out Dianne’s versions at Art of Craft. Leave comments and send her photos of your tags – she has a giveaway up for grabs.

Cheers, Esther

1 comment:

  1. Your tags are outstanding Esther. Love all the detail on the steam punk one. xx

    ReplyDelete